This article explains how to create a company Apple ID and a Developer account, tie in the Apple ID with the App Store, and how to add the Bushel Team as an account user.
Setting up the App Store is essential for allowing growers to access your app from an iPhone device. By creating an Apple ID and Developer account, you will have the permissions to administer your Bushel-powered app in the App Store. By adding the Bushel Team to the account, they can upload your app initially and update your app as new features are developed.
Before you begin:
The App store requires a $99 yearly fee, so have a company payment option on hand. Also, have a company iPhone, iPad, or Mac on hand. We strongly recommend using a device that belongs to your organization if available.
Begin by creating your company Apple account.
- First, create an Apple ID using a company email address at appleid.apple.com. Make sure you have 2-Factor Authentication turned on in Security Settings.
- Create a Developer Account at developer.apple.com/account using your new company Apple ID as the login. Select the account type ‘Company/Organization Account' when prompted.
- Next, find your organization’s DUNS number at https://developer.apple.com/enroll/duns-lookup. Your DUNS number is a Dun & Bradstreet tracking number that is assigned to each business to enable a credibility measure for businesses worldwide.
- Then, tie in your Apple ID with the App Store by logging into App Store Connect at appstoreconnect.apple.com. Again, check that 2-Factor Authentication is turned on at appleid.apple.com to ensure maximum security.
Next, add the Bushel Team as an App Store User for app loading and updating purposes.
- Begin by logging into App Store Connect at appstoreconnect.apple.com
- Go to ‘Users and Access’ and click 'Add' to add an additional user.
- Enter the following:
Roles: Admin (All Apps)
You have successfully set up the App Store for iOS by creating an Apple ID, tying it to the App Store, and adding the Bushel team as an App Store User.
Follow these links for more troubleshooting help, Google Play Store Set Up, and other related articles.