Learn how to add, edit, and manage field names on scale tickets in your Bushel Mobile app.
Field names on scale tickets provide an easy way to connect grain deliveries back to the field level, bridging the gap between production agriculture and grain origination. Let's walk through a few common scenarios to help you begin tracing your scale tickets back to the field.
Please note: Field name entries are only visible to growers within the app and will not record to any ERP (Enterprise resource planning) systems or the Bushel admin tool's data viewer.
Adding a field name
- Navigate to the main menu of your Bushel mobile app, and click on "Tickets."
- Navigate to whichever scale ticket you'd like to add a field name to and click on "View Detail."
- You can see here that there's now a "Field Name" section. Since we haven't added a field name to the scale ticket yet, it says "No Field Name Applied."
- To create a field name, click "Manage."
- Click "Add New Field."
- Click "Save."
- Select that name and click "Apply."
Field names can be added to more than one scale ticket.
Adding more than one field name
- Click on "Tickets" in the main menu.
- Navigate to "View Detail" on any scale ticket.
- Click "Manage" on the desired ticket and select the field names you would like to apply to the ticket.
- Click "Apply."
Managing list of field names
- Click "Tickets" on the main menu screen.
- Click "View Detail" on any scale ticket.
- Click "Manage" under the field name section.
- Note: This will bring you to the list of saved field names that you have created in the past.
- Select the field name (one at a time) that you would like to edit.
- Make the desired edits and click "Save."
- Click "Apply" to assign this field name to the scale ticket.
Searching for field names
- From the main menu, navigate to "Tickets."
- Click "View Detail."
- Locate the search bar at the top and enter the field name you're looking for.
- Click on the field name and hit "Apply."